New Bike Tour: Vermont Bike and Brew
Vermont, the undisputed North American home of bicycle tours and micro brewing, is the ultimate backdrop for a new bike tour designed by Sojourn.
Famous for excellent local food and craft-brewed beer, Vermont has a higher number of craft breweries per capita than any other state. More than 12 percent of beer sold in Vermont is brewed in-state. This is because Vermonters have a huge loyalty to Vermont products and, Vermont beer is quite simply better.
It’s better because it is brewed with love (and other fresh local ingredients). Vermont brewmasters are passionate and even philosophical about their work. For example, Hill Farmstead Brewery, in the Northeast Kingdom, brews a Philosophical Series that includes Fear & Trembling, Society & Solitude, and Twilight of the Idols. Rock Art Brewery in Morrisville, takes a lighter tone with Sunny & 75, Hells Bock, and Midnight Madness.
Thirsty? You’ll probably just have to venture up to Vermont this summer to sample many of these great brews:
- The Alchemist Cannery – Waterbury, Vermont
- Fiddlehead Brewing – Shelburne, Vermont
- Hill Farmstead Brewery – Greensboro Bend, Vermont
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids – Warren, Vermont
- Long Trail Brewing Company – Bridgewater, Vermont
- Magic Hat Brewing Company – South Burlington, Vermont
- Otter Creek Brewing – Middlebury, Vermont
- Wolaver’s Certified Organic Ales
- Rock Art Brewery – Morrisville, Vermont
- Switchback Brewery – Burlington, Vermont
- Brewery at Trapp Family Lodge – Stowe, Vermont
- Trout River Brewing – Lyndonville, Vermont
- Northshire Brewery – Bennington, Vermont
Vermont beer is also better because after riding over hill and dale on a bike tour, you’ve earned it.