We are currently looking to hire for the following positions:
We seek a part-time (4 days a week with an option to go full-time), detail-oriented professional to oversee a wide range of essential guest services at our Shelburne, VT, location. Organization and meticulous attention to detail are crucial qualities for this role. This position is eligible for a one-time signing bonus of $750. The bonus will be paid out after completing a successful 180-day with the company.
– Nurturing new and returning customers over the phone
– Driving sales
– Fostering brand loyalty
– Learning, utilizing and navigating our proprietary reservation system proficiently
– Assist the marketing team with customer-related deliverables
– Manage post-tour surveys, tour photo repository, and gather customer feedback in collaboration with the tour management team
– Strong organizational and time management skills, demonstrating a proactive approach
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Space
– Adobe Creative Suite skill would be nice to have but not required
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Exceptional customer service skills
– Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
– Proficient computer skills with a quick ability to learn new systems
– A passion and interest in travel, especially in active travel
– Outdoor Enthusiast (nice to have but not required)
– College Degree
To apply for the Guest Services Specialist position at our Shelburne location, please send us the following information:
– Resume: Include details of your education, work experience, and relevant skills or qualifications
– Cover Letter: Introduce yourself and express your interest in the position. Highlight how your skills and experience align with the outlined responsibilities and competencies
– References: Provide contact information for two or three professional references who can attest to your qualifications and work ethic
– Compensation: This is an hourly paid position.
Please submit your application to email@example.com. We will carefully review all applications and reach out to qualified candidates for further evaluation.
Note: Please refrain from making phone inquiries regarding the application process.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We are excited to review your application.
As a Sojourn tour leader, you and your co-leader will spend the tour engaging our guests and ensuring their safety and enjoyment. You will rise early each morning to attend to behind-the-scenes details and preparation and end each day late in the evening. You will need to be a jack of all trades (see below) and will serve as the face of the company while in the field. While the job is extremely fun for the right individual, it requires long hours on the job that are not always in the saddle of your bike. For the right person, the job might just be the best one you will ever have.
Do you have what it takes? Here’s the shortlist of critical attributes we’re looking for:
o Are a competent road cyclist who can ride comfortably at 15-18 mph for 2-3 hours at a time
o Have basic bike mechanical abilities like changing a tire and adjusting brakes and derailleurs
o Have a current motor vehicle operator’s license in violation-free standing and are able to pass a DOT physical
o Are fit enough to repeatedly carry 30-50 lb luggage, often up flights of stairs
o Enjoy interacting with people and possess exceptional customer service skills
o Have outstanding communication skills and are comfortable addressing a group
o Are energetic and function well without much downtime
o Have an inherent curiosity with interest in history, geology, and/or the natural world
o Have an excellent sense of direction and map-reading skills
o Are a foodie, wine, or beer aficionado, and can put on a really good spread for 20 people
o Per tour wage
o Extensive industry benefits
o A resume and introductory cover letter
o A self-assessment of why you are interested and why you would be a great fit for Sojourn
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.